Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Men's Soccer vs. Yale

        Following a 9/11 mass and memorial service held at St. Thomas More Church on St. John's Queens Campus, the men's soccer game against Yale began at 7:30pm. It started off with a moving prayer by Father Tri Duong, and the game ended in a win for St. John's with a score of 2-0.
        This was my second game playing with the Pep Band, and as it was a soggy night, I remember being impressed by the tents that were put up for us to play under so we didn't have to get wet when it started to rain. It was fun playing under the tent because it somehow felt like a new experience, even though we played a similar set of songs. I was also happy to see that I was quickly becoming accustomed to the music and rituals of the band.


A photo I took of the "Yale Bulldogs" bus after the game

No comments:

Post a Comment