Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Men's Soccer Home Opener Game Win Against Harvard

        This year's Men's Soccer Home Opener was one of the most exciting events of the season! The evening began with a pregame RedZone BBQ. For those who don't know, St. John's RedZone is a group of STJ students who attend sports games together to cheer on their teams in a "student section." They also sponsor different game-related events, such as the BBQ before the Home Opener on Friday, September 9. At the BBQ, students enjoyed burgers at Belson Court with a giant inflatable Johnny Thunderbird behind them.
        This soccer game was thrilling to me not only because I was excited to see the 'Johnnies' take on Harvard, but because it was also my first night playing my flute in the St. John's Pep Band! As there was not a flute section yet, I was the only one that night, but was so happy to see how welcoming the band members were to me. Creating the perfect ending to the night, we beat Harvard 2-0. 
The St. John's and Harvard teams' lineup
All the new freshmen who played for their first time in Pep Band that night
(from left to right: Bailey, Freddy, me, Natalie, and Jesse)

No comments:

Post a Comment