Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome to St. John's Socialite!

Hi! My name is Tami Terzian, and I just started as a freshman at St. John's University in Queens, New York, this past week. I am a journalism major and I wanted to create St. John's Socialite to chronicle my experiences as a commuter student getting involved in activities and events on campus. Although I am new to campus, it hasn't taken me long to realize what an exciting place it is to be, and I hope to help others realize this too.

It can be said that journalists' lives revolve around five "w" words - who, what, when, where, and why - so I figured I'd explain these five aspects regarding my blog!

Who? - As my blog title states, this is a blog by me, Tami Terzian. Anyone else mentioned in posts or seen in photos will most likely be people on campus - specifically those who attend events with me.

What? - St. John's Socialite is a blog to chronicle my experiences as a student getting involved in activities and events at St. John's University.

When? - I will do my best to make postings in a reasonable amount of time after each event I attend.

Where? - The events I write about will probably always take place on the Queens Campus; however, if I happen to make a post about a visit to another St. John's campus or event, I will be sure to make note of that.

Why? - I want to show everyone what an exciting place St. John's is to be if you get involved, and I hope to encourage students - especially fellow commuters - to make the most of their time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment