Monday, September 3, 2012

The Clothesline Project at STJ


          The third week of April was "Turn Off the Violence Week" on the St. John's University Campus. The purpose of the week is to raise awareness of gender violence, and through The Clothesline project, students get to create and hang t-shirts around the campus with positive messages. My friend Stacey and I decorated shirts on Tuesday, April 17, and we were excited to see the amount of shirts on the clotheslines growing as the week went on.

Me and Stacey in the process of painting our shirts for the Clothesline Project
My finished t-shirt
Stacey's and my shirts hanging out in the sunshine
A beautiful rendering Stacey drew, inspired by the photo above

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tami! I came across your wonderful blog and I loved it. It was interesting to read and very informative. I did not know our campus offered so many exciting activities even though I was a resident in my freshmen year! I must commemorate on those photos you took as well. Very cute, especially that smile of yours! :)

    I noticed you have been inactive for awhile though. Moved on to a new blog or perhaps just a busy semester? Well, whatever the case may be I hope you will return soon with more exciting stories to share!

    Reading your blog has motivated and intrigued me to explore more and take advantage of everything St. John's has to offer. I may even bump into you at an event sometime! I look forward to an opportunity to tell you how much I enjoyed your blog in person :)

    Until then, Merry belated Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete