Monday, September 3, 2012

Museum of the Moving Image Visit


          Isn't it just great when school forces you to do something you've always wanted to but never got around to doing? I had that happen this past semester when I had to visit the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens, for a project for my Introduction to Mass Communications class. I visited the museum on Thursday, March 29, and finally got to experience what all the hype was about. It was just as good as I expected - and even better! There were a lot of interesting things to see and read about on the history of electronic communication, TV, and film. I even got to experience some of the interactive exhibits, including ones where I recorded my voice over Dorothy's in scenes from the Wizard of Oz and then one where I performed sound editing on the Terminator 2 movie. I was also fascinated getting to see vintage Lamb Chop toys in an exhibit and walking into an old style movie theater decorated with an Egyptian theme! 


An array of early television sets
A display on how movie cameras have progressed over time
Charlie Horse, Lamb Chop, and Hush Puppy - three of my favorite TV personalities when I was a little girl!
Me outside the museum


No comments:

Post a Comment