Friday, March 2, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI Viewing Party in Taffner

          I attended my first Super Bowl party on Sunday, February 5, thanks to STJ Campus Recreation, which sponsored the bash being held in in Taffner Field House for students to watch the Giants take on the Patriots in SuperBowl XLVI. Although I am the furthest thing from a football fan, I always enjoy cheering NY teams on, and considering it was a game with so many intriguing parallels to the Super Bowl of four years ago, I definitely was interested to watch. Most important, I was excited to get to spend the time with friends. 
          It was awesome to see STJ go all out for this party, which had Campus Recreation Superbowl t-shirts and what seemed like an unending table of yummy game food including subs, chicken wings, pizza, and even cookies decorated with the two teams' logos. Most impressive was the GIANT inflatable screen (it was almost as high as the ceiling) that was set up for everyone to view the game on. It was a lot of fun watching the game with my friends James, Neal, Amanda, and Ashley, and especially having James to explain different parts of the game or players' bios to me along the way. I also enjoyed watching the ads, and laughing at and discussing them with my friends. 
         It was very exciting when the Giants, who seemed to be down on luck for most of the latter part of the game, scored the touchdown that would ultimately win them the game. As the clock ran out, officially crowning the Giants as champions, the room was filled with students jumping up and down and cheering, and my friends and I were especially happy to celebrate with the kid sitting behind us, who had proved throughout the game to be a super duper Giants fan! My friends and I then had so much fun as we left Taffner and walked up the hill to the D'Angelo Center singing "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!"

We knew we were in for a fun time when we were greeted by this as we
made our  way down the stairs of Taffner Field House to the party
My friend Stacey and I holding up our Campus Recreation Super Bowl XLVI Party t-shirts by the Super Bowl balloons that decorated the room
NY Giants cookies!
A photo of the Giants celebrating their win on the big screen
James, Ashley, Neal, Amanda, and me, all smiles outside
Taffner after our New York Giants' big win!

No comments:

Post a Comment