Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Women's Basketball vs. WVU (a.k.a. Pink Night!)


          Tuesday, February 21, was a night my fellow flute friend Stephanie and I had waited for all basketball season. That's because it was "pink night," in which the women's basketball game would be played to raise awareness of breast cancer. To commemorate this, pink t-shirts were given out to everyone in attendance, including the band. The STJ team wore pink uniforms and sneakers as they played and won their game against West Virginia University (63-54), while head coach Kim Barnes Arico and assistant coaches also all sported pink clothing. It was so neat to look out into Carnesecca Arena and see a sea of pink, my favorite color! Before the game, I also attended my second Johnnies Club, this time held in the President's Suite in Carnesecca Arena, where I got another STJ t-shirt, a St. John's flag, and got to spend some time with friends again.


Stephanie and I so happy to have our pink shirts! 
A sea of pink in Carnesecca Arena
Me with some friends at Johnnies Club


No comments:

Post a Comment