Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Men's Basketball vs. DePaul


          Coming off their UCLA win, the Johnnies played a President's Day game against DePaul University at Carnesecca Arena on Monday, February 20. This was the first Carnesecca game since December, and the incomparable warmth of home fans helped the Johnnies have a very good game. Before heading over to Carnesecca to play with the band, I stopped by the DAC org lounge for my first Johnnie's Club, an event held before or after many STJ basketball games for students who will be attending. Being in the band, it has always been difficult for me to go, but this one started earlier than usual, so I got to stop by and see what it was all about -- free food, t-shirts, and all, while a Knicks game was on a screen for people to watch! I got to see my friends from STJ Student Government and Student Engagement, and I even got to sit at a table with some of my InterVarsity friends who I'd later see at the game! The Johnnies ended up winning the game 79-72, making everyone in their home arena proud!


I got a whole little cheering section going for God'sgift as my mom, as well as my InterVarsity friends Aleena and Jebin, came to sit behind the band!
The DePaul team preparing to take on our Johnnies

No comments:

Post a Comment