Thursday, December 1, 2011

Men's Soccer vs. Georgetown - Meeting God'sgift Achiuwa

          Thursday, November 3, 2011, was a night I will always remember. The St. John's Men's Soccer team played Georgetown University then, and I had a great time making music with the Pep Band and cheering on the Johnnies, who finished with a 2-1 win. Also, that night, during halftime, I had the honor of meeting new STJ basketball star God'sgift Achiuwa, as he came over to visit Dana, a fellow Pep Band member who he works with in the St. John's student athlete study hall. I explained to him what a big fan I was, showed him the video I happened to get of his first basket (which can be seen in my blog post on my first Men's Basketball game), and asked if I could take a picture with him, which he graciously agreed to. Below is the photo - just look at the smile on my face - what more can I say?


No comments:

Post a Comment