Monday, October 17, 2011

Waiting for Waffles

         Students formed a colossal line this past Wednesday outside the D'Angelo Center (DAC), all waiting for one thing: waffles. These weren't just any old waffles; they were from the famous Wafels & Dinges golden-yellow cart which has become a major hit on the streets of NYC. Although I had never heard of the brand before that day, the idea of a free Belgian waffle with insanely sweet toppings was enough for me to get on the long line, even in the rain. 
          It took 1 hour and 47 minutes before I finally got to order my waffle, but it was worth every minute of the wait. It was like the ultimate dessert extravaganza: it had ice cream, Belgian chocolate, whipped cream, Nutella, walnuts, and something called "Spekuloos" (which is supposedly like a gingerbread spread) on it. I actually took my first bite "on camera" because students from the St. John's television Station (WRED-TV) wanted to interview me to see what I thought! It was an experience too amazing to put into words, but I tried my best! 

The golden-yellow Wafels & Dinges cart outside DAC
My scrumptious waffle - there were so many toppings on it, you could barely even tell there was a waffle underneath!
Me holding my waffle and Belgian hot chocolate with the "Waffle Guys"

No comments:

Post a Comment